Number of people willing to give out a password when asked in a train station (2004)

Study: Infosecurity Europe 2004 Information Security Survey
Date: April 2004

Workers were asked a series of questions which included what is your password, to which 37% immediately gave their password, if they initially refused the researchers used social engineering tactics, "I bet it's to do with your pet or child's name", at this a further 34%revealed their passwords. In total, 71% revealed a password.

<-- Back to Authentication Statistic Index

[Home] [About Us] [News] [Research]

Copyright © 2017